MANDATED REPORTING OF SUSPECTED CHILD ABUSE: CHAPTER 39
(ss. 39.201-39.206); PART III PROTECTIVE INVESTIGATIONS (ss. 39.301-39.308)
All REACH ONE TEACH ONE employees are considered mandated reporters of child abuse and Neglect pursuant to : CHAPTER 39 PART I GENERAL PROVISIONS (ss. 39.001-39.0141); PART II REPORTING CHILD ABUSE (ss. 39.201-39.206); PART III PROTECTIVE INVESTIGATIONS (ss. 39.301-39.308) Teachers, staff, volunteers, etc. are protected as mandated reporters, 5: Any person or official required by law to report a suspected case of child abuse who knowingly and willfully fails to do so will be guilty of a misdemeanor.
- The Mandated Reporter must report any suspected abuse immediately to their supervisor. Secondly if warranted an oral report must be made as soon as possible by telephone to DFCS’ Child Protective Services (CPS) which is designated by the Department of Human Resources, or to an appropriate law enforcement authority or District Attorney. If a report of child abuse is made by DFCS or independently discovered by DFCS, then DFCS must immediately notify the appropriate law enforcement authority or District Attorney.
- CPS contact numbers are available in the office.
- Suspected child abuse which is required to be reported by any person by law must be reported notwithstanding that the reasonable cause to believe such abuse had occurred or is occurring is based in whole or in part upon any communication to that person which is otherwise made privileged or confidential by law.
- Report online at https://reportabuse.dcf.state.fl.us/
- call 1-800-962-2873
- Florida Relay 711 or TTY 800-453-5145
- fax your report to 800-914-0004